Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thesis Approved and Independent Publishing

It's been a while because I've been so busy with finishing my thesis. Speaking of which, my thesis has been approved and finalized and now I just need to send it off to a binder to have it specially printed for my school's thesis library. It's a really great feeling! I just have a couple of class assignments left and I finish at the end of May, but the important thing is the thesis and I'm finished. My last few assignments have to do with query letter writing and it doesn't really apply to me.

Why doesn't this apply? Well, my dear friends, the reason is because I am going to independently publish my work. Self-publish, for those who don't agree with the term Indie. No, I'm not crazy. No, I don't suck and can't make it in the traditional (legacy) publishing world. The point is that I don't want to try. Not yet, anyway. Maybe for my next book I might, but honestly I have a problem with the way that side of the book publishing world works. Some things just don't add up with me and I'd rather take it directly to readers. Additionally, there may be a higher chance to make a living by going this route. No guarantees but I'll take my chances.

With that said, I'd like to announce that Land of No Angels will officially debut in ebook format sometime in July, hopefully mid July. The print version will be available by the end of July, so there will be two formats. It's pretty exciting. I'm expecting to have contests and swag and copies of the book as prizes. It will be great fun, I think. The book cover should be ready sometime in June and I'll talk about that more as time goes on.

There we have it. It's a short post today, but I'm going to be having some Scrivener posts coming up soon because I haven't gushed about it lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment