Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Books! Yaaaaay!

Today Angel and I went for a book run. I love shopping for books more than anything else because there are always so many to choose from, look at, and that I haven't read. It was so difficult to choose the ones that we did and we totally went over our budget. Haha, ah well. Who needs to eat when you can read instead!

I was so very disappointed, thought, because at both books stores we went to they did not have the book I really wanted to get. I've been dying to read Jaclyn Dolamore's Magic Under Glass but both stores were out! Haha, while I suppose that's a great thing in the end because that means they were bought and read by others, but I was still sad.

But anyway, on to the new books! Forgive the less than awesome picture. I had to use the built in webcam on my mac laptop. It took some maneuvering, but I got it to work.



Starting top left we have The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy) by Brent Weeks. My sister and father have both read this book and recommended it to me. Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry is next. The cover and title of this book caught my attention first thing because I am a CRAZY zombie fan. I can't get enough zombies. The cover is really what sold me on this one, so I hope the story lives up to it. In the bargain section I came across both Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Carrell and Blue Smoke and Murder by Elizabeth Lowell. These two books are completely out of my realm and I normally would not have picked up the latter at all, but I was feeling quite adventurous today. They were inexpensive and I figured 'What the hell.'

In the lower right, we have Incarceron (Incarceron, Book 1) by Catherine Fisher. How cool is that cover? EPICLY cool, right? Heck yes. Angel insisted we get the next book called Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams because he adores dragons and everything about them. And finally Deadtown (A Deadtown Novel) by Nancy Holzner. Angel is already starting this one and isn't sure how to feel about it. One of the several reasons I picked it up in the first place was because of the Welsh. I was born and lived in Wales and it was a nice change to find a book to connect that part of me with. (Coincidentally, the nice old lady working in the kids book section was Welsh. I wanted to bring her home to me so she would read me stories and help me brush up on my Cymraeg.)

I had the hardest time deciding which to read first, but I gave in and decided it would be Incarceron. I have a thing about keys and gorgeous book covers. Now to go sit by my email inbox and excitedly wait for an email I'm dying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment