Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lucky 7: Seven Lines Meme

So, I normally don't do this sort of thing, but I'm feeling frisky today. Here's the deal: I've been tagged for this Lucky 7 meme by the wonderful and awesome V.J. Chambers. (By the way, if you don't know who this is, learn quick! And check out her amazing books. My personal fav is her Jason and Azazel series.)

So, the point of the meme is to select 7 lines from your current manuscript and post them on your blog. Only, you have to choose seven lines from page 7 or page 77. Here are the rules in list form, for those who enjoy lists (like me) taken from V.J. Chamber's Lucky 7 post.

1. Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are – no cheating
4. Tag 7 other authors

My current project happens to be Land of No Mortals and I chose the 77th page since it was much more interesting than the 7th. So, here we go!

“I just hope that fire doesn’t spread across the entire city,” Errol said.

Rebecca stared out her window. As the fire consumed Crown Haven, black storm clouds loomed over the city. “Maybe it’ll start raining soon.”

No one responded. The idea hadn’t comforted her either, but she held onto the hope that the fire would remain centralized.

Cool huh? That was fun! Now to tag 7 other authors. Haha, honestly, I don't know seven authors well enough to feel okay with tagging them, but I guess I will anyway.

1. Jess Waldron
2. Jaclyn Dolamore
3. Griffin Hayes
4. Jerry Hanel
5. Sybil Nelson
6. Jeremy C. Shipp
7. Charmaine Clancy

Feel free to join in even if you haven't been tagged! And if you've done your own, link to it in the comments so I can check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading these snippets of peoples work. It's good to know what we might be buying in a couple of years - or months :-)

    ReplyDelete